Upholstery Designer Developer - Next Home
Upholstery Designer Developer (Next Furniture Manufacture)
Dual locations: Leicestershire and Yorkshire
Competitive salary and benefits package
Upholstery is our largest category here at Next Home and this role would have a very high profile. As an Upholstery Designer Developer, you’ll bring the latest trends to our stores as you’ll be involved with the manufacturing of Next Sofas and influence the direction of our whole sofa category. Applying your market insight and expertise, you’ll bring your creative ideas to life, producing the beautiful, high-quality furniture our customers love.
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world. So we’ve gone global.
We are leading the way and making a key investment in our manufacturing and design capabilities. This is an opportunity to play a key part in embedding the design development through to our manufacturing processes and driving the business growth plans. You’ll be joining an amazing creative team in a brand new manufacturing facility, designing and developing world-class upholstered products for a major high street retailer.
About the Role:
- A true trend-spotter, you’ll identify opportunities in shape and detail for fabric and leather upholstered furniture
- You’ll oversee the life-cycle of every project, from design concept and sampling through to product launch
- With your commercial awareness, you’ll value engineering products within costing parameters
- You’ll meet deadlines and exceed expectations as you deliver great products that generate healthy sales and happy customers
- You’ll play a vital role in securing Next Home’s reputation for superior design, quality and value
- This role will mean that you get to spend time the majority of your time at our Head Office in Leicestershire and a few days per week at our operations in Doncaster, so you can be based near either location or elsewhere but you’ll need to be able to travel to both offices.
You’ll obviously be a passionate commercial designer with broad experience of the thinking and processes behind creating stunning furniture, but we would also like someone with…
- An outstanding portfolio and extensive market knowledge
- Creative, drawing and technical skills – with working knowledge of CAD software, Adobe suite, Solidworks, Rhino and Lectra
- The ability to design for a wide range of styles
- A proven track record of designing and developing inspiring products and bringing them to manufacture
- Enthusiasm, drive, energy, decisiveness, resilience and excellent taste
- Brilliant communication skills
Along with the opportunity to bring your creative ideas to life, we also offer a comprehensive range of benefits and these include a pension scheme, Sharesave scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, childcare vouchers, staff discount, on-site nursery… to name but a few.
To apply >click here<